We will dive deep into the following areas to insure you are setup to be one of the top groomers in our area:
This section of our training programs focuses on teaching you all of the necessary skills to properly groom dogs you would see needing such grooming appointments. Basically, we mean, any type of breed that would require a haircut vs. your basic pet technician skills. Building on the basics from our training program, giving you a beginner level of skills. We will teach you to focus on the following skills:
- Pet Safety Handling
- Psychology of Pets
- Tools, Equipment, operating and maintenance
- Brushing, combing, and tools
- Sanitary maintenance
- Nail trimming
- Ear cleansing
- Importance of prep work
- Intro to Clipper Work
- Finishing techniques
- Disinfecting and Sanitizing
- Customer Satisfaction Skills
Aspiring Intermediate groomers enrolled in this course will still have access to the same resources as at any level. This includes HANDS-ON training with real clients, as well as access to open communication with instructors. Also included is the textbook, yours to keep and use throughout your entire career!
TUITION & MATERIALS COST
- Tuition – $1,000.00
- 20 hours program – 3 months from start to finish.
Golden State Pet Grooming Academy is here to help you! Whether or not you’re choosing a new career or wanting to excel as a current groomer, regardless of your desired future work schedule, we are here for you! Sign up now to move forward with your career goals and your life doing what you love.
- No requirements for Part 1 of our training courses to become a grooming technician.
- In order to advance to the next Part 2, and 3 of our training programs requires you to have taken one or both of the previous training courses.
- These programs are meant to take you from start to finish, no matter where your finish line lies.
- You must be at least 18 years of age, love animals, and are in good physical shape to stand for a minimum of at least 4 hours at any one time. You must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Credit for previously completed training from outside schools is not accepted at this time